- Friday, 3 to Sunday, 5 May 2013
- Friday, 16 to Sunday, 18 August 2013
Cost: £155 - BOOK NOW
Who is this course for?
This course is for those who would like to try a range of adventure sports for the first time. You may have wanted to go canoeing or kayaking, rock climbing, mountain biking or hillwalking, but have never had the opportunity. Other activities, such as coasteering, using a high ropes course, or orienteering are other options.
This weekend is ideal for those who wish to meet other like minded people in a friendly, comfortable environment.
You may be an outdoor enthusiast - maybe you already go hillwalking or canoeing, sailing or running, but would like to try a range of other sports for the first time.
You might be involved in a club, a company or organisation and would like to arrange a weekend for you and your friends.
You should have a reasonable level of fitness and be water confident.
- To introduce participants to a range of adventure sports
- To provide pointers for future development and accreditation
We will introduce you to a range of adventure sports, such as rock climbing, canoeing, kayaking, hillwalking, coasteering, orienteering, mountain biking, or using our high ropes course.
- Arrive, register, and introductions
- Course outline
- Indoor climbing wall session, kayak rolling session or orienteering session
- Four adventure sports session, one each morning and afternoon - chosen from one of the adventure sports above
- The course will end with a chat over a cup of tea or coffee, outlining possibilities for remaining involved in your new found adventure sports and you should be finished by 5.00pm
It is important to note that the above outline programme is a guide. Times may vary due to weather conditions or other reasons.
What do I need to bring?
Waterproofs, walking boots and all technical equipment may be borrowed from our extensive stores. We advise you not to rush out and buy kit for the course, but use it as a chance to find out what would best suit your needs. You should bring the following:
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket
- Waterproof trousers
- Day rucksack
- Personal medication
- Water bottle / Vacuum flask
- Small first aid kit
- Warm outdoor wear (fleece is ideal)
If you have technical equipment, please bring it along.
Your course is a weekend course, which commences on Friday evening and finishes on Sunday afternoon. Accommodation in twin ensuite rooms with full catering (included in your course fee), from breakfast on Saturday morning through to lunch on Sunday. Catering:
Our catering is first class, noted both for the quality and quality of the food that we provide. Your course is catered, so you will be provided with a packed lunch for the day. You may however wish to bring your own personal snack food for use during the course. You can fill a flask with tea or coffee at the Centre if required.